Tonight was a success! Made Jambalaya for the 1st time. It was pretty easy and done in 5 steps.
If I can do it, you can do it!
There are many ways to make Jambalaya. My version may not be traditional, but it worked for my budget & satisfied my cravings.
-Andouille Sausage or any sausage you prefer
-Shrimp ( uncooked or cooked)
-1/4 c. Chopped Onions
-1 1/2 c. Brown Rice
-1 cup. Chopped Tomatos
-5 garlic cloves (minced)
-2 tbsp. Butter
5 Easy Steps
1. Heat 2 tbsp of Butter. Add Onions, Tomatos, & Garlic. Mix till half cooked.
2.Add Sausages, 2 cans of Chicken Broth, Worcestershire Sauce, Cajun Spice, Paprika, and Black Pepper. Mix well.
3. Add Brown rice. Simmer on medium heat till rice is soft (stir once in a while so rice doesn’t burn on bottom)
4. Once the rice is almost done/soft, add in shrimps. Mix.
5. Add Green Onion to top it off.
* Don’t be afraid to add any thing else to your tasting. I encourage you to experiment while cooking.
Delicious Homemade Jambalaya just in time for Mardi Gras!
Next year, I’m definitely going to adventure to New Orleans for Mardi Gras & try the Real Deal.
-Cooking Mama, Krystal